Monday, January 31, 2011

Recipe Week....

This week a few of us gals will be sharing some of our favorite family friendly recipes. I would like to start with sharing a few tricks I've learned lately about meal planning. I tend to be a scatter brain, disorganized kind of person, but I am trying really hard to get it together to save myself some time. For Christmas my hubby gave me a new cookbook , Barefoot Contessa. Inside she shared some grocery shopping tricks, very practical but never something I had considered.                    

  1. Monday
    1. Beef Stroganoff
    2. Brown Rice
    3. Broccoli
  2. Tuesday
    1. Chicken Scampi
    2. Pasta
    3. Salad
  3. Wednesday
    1. Broccoli/cheese soup
    2. rolls
  4. Thursday
    1. Enchiladas
    2. Mexican rice
    3. salad
  5. Friday
    1. Chicken Curry
    2. Brown Rice
    3. Green Beans
As you attack your grocery list you can make your headings.

Produce
  • fruit
  • lettuce
Dairy  
  • milk
  • butter
  • eggs
  • yogurt
Meat
  • beef stew meat
  • chicken breast
Shelf
  • pasta
  • brown rice
  • cereal
Baby
  • diapers
  • locks for the cabinet
  • chocolate for mom
You get the idea, I cannot tell you how much time this has saved me in the grocery store. Normally I make a big random list and it never fails I forget something or Marshall eats half of it. This way I move from one section of the store to the next without missing anything. 

Below I attached a link that has a great menu planner ready to print.
 http://www.personal-nutrition-guide.com/support-files/weekly_dinner_planner.pdf
 
Stay tuned for recipes!!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

hey ladies! love the blog. here's a really great site as to how to incorporate whole, healthy food into your families' diets. Great tips for shopping and sneaking in important nutrients.

http://naturenourishes.blogspot.com/

much love