Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chocolate No Bakes


If you haven't had the luxury of eating one of these bad boys your in for a treat. They are exactly what your looking for at 10pm when you and the hubs are watching a movie, 8 in the morning when you don't feel like eating kid cereal and when you need something to keep the baby quiet. I tell myself they are "healthy" because they have 3 cups of  oatmeal. Here goes the very simple recipe......

1 cube  butter
1/ 2 cup milk
2 cups sugar(don't worry the oatmeal kind of absorbs all that sugar ;)
Combine ingredients and bring to boil. Boil for 2 minutes, I set the timer, because if I don't I will boil them to long and it will be very ugly.

Remove from heat and add the following.
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 1/2-3 cups oatmeal

With a teaspoon scoop onto parchment paper. Wait about 1/2 an hour till they set. Devour!



No comments: