Tuesday, January 31, 2012

grace

Sometimes I am just really tired of doing the little things. You know...... the dishes, laundry, cleaning, wiping, teaching, correcting, disciplining, reading, cooking and so on. Life seems to be full small tasks, tasks quite frankly I get cranky about. The other night I just didn't think I could pick up one more toy, wash one more pair of stinky socks, or referee one more argument between the kids. I cried, prayed and then picked up a book.  I didn't reach for the parenting book or the marriage book, I didn't want to read about being nice to anybody. But God  knew exactly what I needed. 

"Yet the duties God requires of us are not in proportion to the strength we possess in ourselves. Rather, they are proportional to the resources we have available to us in Christ. We do not have the ability in ourselves to accomplish the least of Gods tasks. This is the law of grace. When we recognize it is impossible for us to perform a duty in our own strength, we will discover the secret of its accomplishment." John Owen

 
Transforming Grace  Jerry Bridges


1 comment:

Monica said...

Brandy, Great post! By the way, you make the world's best mother look bad with the skills that you possess.....that's because you WAY beat her with your superpowers!